Sunday, 19 May 2013

My First Design

Well Folks, it's been a while since I posted something but I've been working hard!!

I had a challenge to meet... to design a piece of tatting!  Now, as it was for our local lace group I decided to design the Rose of East Yorkshire.  It took around 20 attempts until I got it as I wanted it, and I apologise in advance for the photograph... it was rather dark when I took it with my phone!  I'll replace the picture as soon as I remember!

Anyway, here it is:

See what I mean?  I'll work out how to put the pattern in as well, it's stored on this computer as a .pdf and I'm not sure how to insert it but I will figure it out at some point!

For those of you that play around on the 'net, this is the East Yorkshire Rose as opposed to the Yorkshire Rose.  If it was the other way up it would be the White Rose of Yorkshire!

Anyway, that's it in all its glory... maybe I'll replace the picture, or maybe I'll put up a new one tomorrow when I can play with my new iphone in daylight!  You'll just have to wait and see!!

Now I'm going to make a bracelet (Jane's Celtic one....)  Wait till you see it!!  Mind you, I've just realised that I've got the beads on the wrong shuttles!! LOL

There's no hope for me!!!! VBG

No comments:

Post a Comment