Monday 27 August 2018

Would you??

A friend I haven't seen for 27 years (when she emigrated to Australia) has arrived in the UK on holiday.

Before she left she was doing something most of us do from time to time... trawl charity shops! (Think they're Op Shops in Oz) and listened to an altercation whilst browsing...

"But I'm donating them to you for sale, you know, so you can sell them and make money"

"Madam, you must appreciate that they do not sell, we'd end up putting them in the bin. Throwing them away. Noboby buys this sort of thing."

"So what you really mean is that you don't want them, you don't want me to donate things to you for selling to make money". (Donor turns to my friend) "You'd buy them wouldn't you?? Here I'll donate them to you as this shop doesn't want them!"  She puts leaflets into my friends hands and marches out of the shop!!

Friend looks down and.... as the lady is leaving, says.... "I'll take them to the UK.  I know someone who'll appreciate them!!"

Guess who the somebody is!!



Ok, one is crochet, and the Semco one is all Norma Benporath patterns!!

Would you bin them???  I'm not!!!


Chat later

4 comments:

  1. Fantastic story and it makes me wonder how many tatting related items, shuttles and books get thrown away at Charity Shops simply because someone says "these will not sell". So very pleased they travelled across the world to find a good home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m glad they’ve found a good home, it would be a pity for them to be binned.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pressie from your friend.

    ReplyDelete