Wednesday 10 November 2021

What do you do when you get bored???

Morning All. So what do you do when you get bored? Read a book? craft? I find a couple of empty shuttles, thread, buttons, beads.... then decide what to make!! 

 We've been 'up north' in Scotland, furry grandchild sitting whilst Young Sir and Young Mrs were away on honeymoon. Of course I had thread, shuttles and beads with me but no buttons. This meant that I couldn't make myself earwigs or a bracelet from one of Jane's button patterns. So, I was BORED!! Mind you, it's taken me a few days to blog this purely because we came back to a completely drained loo! No water in it at all, cept for the cistern!! Flush, it'll pull back to almost empty.... turns out there was a blockage way down the line to the road, past all the other cottages!! Everyone must have had problems of the sewer allowing their loo to fill with water and drain slowly at the very least! Sorted this morning by good old Yorkshire Water... well the engineers are friendly! 

 Anyway, back to tatting... reading that TOG's blog, where she was making leaves and I started thinking.... grabbed the pattern, read it, and it set me off thinking.... Would it work if I made the centre as a ring and split rings.... It had to be tried!! The shuttles needed emptying anyway (my excuse and I'm sticking with it!) I'm sure someone else will have come up with the same idea....


I wonder what it would look like with beads.... Oh and here's a pic of the furries with their owners. The cat is missing, she wouldn't sit still!!

 

1 comment:

  1. Doesn’t Pat look like his dad? The dogs look happy to have their mum and dad back. I’m sure it’s an obvious progression from the original Ruth Scharf leaf ad they certainly look great with beads. I’m working on beaded ones at the moment.

    ReplyDelete