Thursday 21 January 2021

Guess what??

 Reading through the TIAS blog for today, I discovered Maureen from Oz had suggested that it may be a platypus and it put me in mind of the first cat we had when we first moved here.  He came from next door as a kitten.  We had duck on Christmas Day and gave him bits at lunchtime.  He spent the whole afternoon stretched out in front of the fire (along with all the men of the family in chairs) asleep.  He became known as the Duck Filled Fatty Puss!!  Unfortunately he was killed the next year on the railway line.  The first of a long line of kittys!

Anyway, I digress.... Maureen, I hate to say it, but you got your Rabbit a few years ago!  I named mine Campbell so I remember!!  So you can't have a fattypuss this year!  It's definitely Barmy, my Beaversquirrel!

Incidentally, another little known fact about Beaversquirrels in winter, is that they can turn white at the sight of snow!  We're sure that there are some outside of Young Sir's house, but, with 5 inches of snow this morning, no-one can tell!  Like the Scottish Loch Dragons (MacVroom, in 2013!) of a few more years ago, that fly only when it's raining, and the Albino ones only fly when it's snowing so you can't see them, the Beaversquirrel turns white and sits on the tree branches in plain sight!  The rest of the year they're leaf coloured!  I'll show you once I've spotted them when I next go up to Scotland!  Eek!! That's made me realise I only came back to tatting 9 years ago!!  Hadn't done any since I left school!  In 2013 Jane's TIAS was the Pram, I asked if I could join, and the reply was.... "of course you can, you daft moo"!!  Anyone who has the audacity to call me a daft moo is either bonkers or as sane as I am and definitely deserves to be a friend!  Tat's just given me a thought.... do I change his name??  Barmy or Bonkers??  He could be Bonkers because it's snowing in Scotland, so his brother has turned white and is busy bonking people on the head with snowballs!!

So, here's how far I've got with Barmy or Bonkers!


As for his name.... Your Call Folks!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm beginning to think it is a ground hog. Just fun to keep on tatting and guessing

    ReplyDelete