Tuesday 26 May 2020

It's All...

... the fault of that TOG down south! Found some yarn in my stash to try that pattern I mentioned.  No circular needles... order placed online, took delivery today. 

Sitting in the garden I decided to try out said needles. Cast on for a Swatch. 

Discovered the challenge of being a north England knitter.... We hold right needle under right arm, yarn in right hand.  Can't do that with circular needles! Got cramp trying to hold it 'free' and controlling the right needle with left hand. What next.......

Ok, I can hear you... Continental style knitting. You tube style.  It's taken all afternoon to learn knit stitch and purl stitch and get a 10cm swatch. It's the right stitch count but the rows are out... 2 rows per 5 cm!!! It'll be 3cm too long... It's top down knitting, so can be adjusted!! Is this face bothered?? Nope!

It's all Jane's fault for mentioning it eons ago!

So.. now to learn tubular cast on!!
 I'd show you the gorgeous bright yellow, but I pulled it out without taking a pic!! Here's the colour...

Chat soon!

2 comments:

  1. I can appreciate your effort learning to knit Continental style. I've tried for years to learn to knit 'your' way (learned Continental when I was about 6 years old) and have never been able to get any sort of 'rhythm' to it. I'm all thumbs when I try. ;) Very impressed with you and Jane learning a 'new' way to knit. Can hardly wait to see what you make with that yarn and circular needles.
    StephanieW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why do I always get the blame, eh? Well I’ll happily take the blame if it keeps you off Chris’s back

    ReplyDelete