Friday 29 May 2020

tubular.

So, been on utube.  Found lots of different ways of casting on for a tube cast on. All of them showing the 'right handed' method which this leftie couldn't master!! Then found a lady who cast on with a crochet hook. Eureka!! I cast on over the needle with hook in my left and yarn needle in the right. It works for me!! The lady's name is Roxanne Richardson and she has a series of techniques under the header of 'the Swiss army' or something like that. Tried it.  It works!

I'll show you in a sec, for those of you who spot the colour change, I've got bits in my stash that will make this top multicoloured... Least that's the plan. Tubular cast on is what you see on machine knitted ribs on shop jumpers.  

2 comments:

  1. That looks great, Sue. I now always use a crochet hook to cast on and I'm a 'rightie'!!! Is this is four ply or double knitting yarn?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pass. DK I think, it's a crepe that's lost its band along with its mates!!

      Delete